Man charged with murdering his wife is also charged with voter fraud for filling out her ballot for Trump

210505184923-barry-lee-morphew-mugshot-s
WWW.CNN.COM

A Colorado man who was recently charged with murder in the disappearance of his wife a year ago has also been charged with voter fraud for voting for Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election using his wife's mail-in ballot, according to an affidavit.

Barry Lee Morphew last week was charged with murder, tampering with physical evidence and attempting to influence a public servant in connection with the death of his wife, Suzanne Morphew.

Suzanne was reported missing on May 10, 2020.

When FBI agents went to interview Barry Morphew on April 22, 2021, he told them he did it because he wanted Trump to win reelection.

"Barry replied 'Just because I wanted Trump (referring to President Donald Trump) to win,'" and "'I just thought, give him (referring to President Trump) another vote,'" the affidavit said.

Morphew allegedly also said, "I figured all these other guys are cheating" and "I know she (referring to Suzanne Renee Morphew) was going to vote for Trump (referring to President Trump) anyway," according to the affidavit.

He allegedly told investigators that he didn't know it was illegal to vote for your spouse, the affidavit said.