I have to install 2 games to play 1 game? COD Warzone question

Hand76

I have Cold War installed and the only way to play Warzone is by going back and installing Modern Warfare? What a fukin moronic move. 

Let Warzone be a standalone install. What a shitty way to do things.

These games are so huge in size to begin with and you can only uninstall parts of the game after installing the full game.

Am I right with all this? This is the only way to go about it?

I don't have an exact answer, I just know it's a fucking mess. I downloaded Modern Warfare the other night just for regular multiplayer. Was really surprised how much I ended up downloading. They have everything so separated I quickly grabbed all the multilayer packs in the list and still couldn't play. Then realized there was 2 or 3 data packs I hadn't downloaded until I read the description. Something like "these data packs are needed to play campaign,multiplayer,and warzone". With the high res texture pack and everything but campaign and Spec Ops I'm sitting at 159GB on ps5

8 hours ago, Hand76 said:

I have Cold War installed and the only way to play Warzone is by going back and installing Modern Warfare? What a fukin moronic move. 

Let Warzone be a standalone install. What a shitty way to do things.

These games are so huge in size to begin with and you can only uninstall parts of the game after installing the full game.

Am I right with all this? This is the only way to go about it?

I agree 100%. I'm currently trying to make space on my HDD to play Warzone... Also, I can't seem to find the interview, but I think I remember someone from 3arc saying that once Cold War integrates with Warzone it would be accessible via the Cold War menu... 

Xbox Live- TheAlkalineTrio