What Ben Affleck's canceled version of The Batman would of been about.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I bet this is why they wouldn't let Arrow use Slade toward the end. :/

I've never watched the Arrowverse, but that's ridiculous if so. WB has such a weird fear of having Batman on TV. Superman and Flash, etc sure go ahead and be on TV and movies at the same time, but Batman? Oh no. It's like they think people will get confused by two Batmen but not anyone else. Smallville never had Batman, but did have Cyborg, Flash, Green Arrow, Zatana, and Black Canary, and possibly more I can't remember. Maybe they were being scared of upsetting Nolan since his Batman movies were going on at the same time, I don't know. 

Maybe things are changing though with the Flashpoint event that happened last year with Ezra Miller's Flash making an appearance with Grant Gustin's Flash. 

13 minutes ago, Brick said:

I've never watched the Arrowverse, but that's ridiculous if so. WB has such a weird fear of having Batman on TV. Superman and Flash, etc sure go ahead and be on TV and movies at the same time, but Batman? Oh no. It's like they think people will get confused by two Batmen but not anyone else. Smallville never had Batman, but did have Cyborg, Flash, Green Arrow, Zatana, and Black Canary, and possibly more I can't remember. Maybe they were being scared of upsetting Nolan since his Batman movies were going on at the same time, I don't know. 

Maybe things are changing though with the Flashpoint event that happened last year with Ezra Miller's Flash making an appearance with Grant Gustin's Flash. 

Yes, there was a LOT of stupid lurching back and forth about letting the Arrowverse shows use the bigger names. For example they let Arrow set up the Suicide Squad only to abruptly pull the plug on them because of the disaster of a movie. And the Arrowverse people basically turned Green Arrow into Batman and did a bunch of Batman plots because initially they weren't allowed to so much as even mention Batman—Stephen Amell had to lobby hard to be allowed to simply do a throwaway name drop Bruce Wayne in but ONLY Bruce Wayne, no Batman connection allowed at all. 

I do think you're largely right going forward given the Ezra Miller Flashpoint appearance but WB/DC's weirdness about having different versions of characters appearing simultaneously really screwed over Arrow in particular. It did affect the other shows, e.g. I think they initially wouldn't Supergirl mention anything about Superman more specific than "my cousin", but I don't think they ever backtracked on on giving permission to use characters on the other shows once they gave the permission (they've been using Superman consistently since getting to cast one in Supergirl season 2 for example). 

Here's an old interview about Deathstroke on Arrow. It also mentions the bit about Suicide Squad I mentioned. 

Deathstrokes-Header.jpg
SCREENRANT.COM

After briefly appearing in season 6, the character is off the show.

It was really dumb for Arrow because the truncated season 8 had a lot of Oliver revisiting his past via Monitor fuckery, and in Arrow Slade is a hugely important part of Oliver's story, but he's just completely absent because of this permissions fuckery.