Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Switch version listed on Amazon UK

Brian

21 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t For Honor only use three attack directions? (top, left and right) Kingdom Comes has five.

Skyward Sword’s enemies are designed around 8-10, dependent on if you count thrusts and beam sword attacks.  And occasionally it benefits from more granularity than that, with things like throwing/swatting projectiles towards something, or cutting apart wooden shields.

I’d be curious from those who played Kingdoms if they thought 5 directions was too limited, too much, or just right.  Isn’t there a risk of over complicating a control scheme like it when it isn’t motion based?

KCD has 6 attack options, it also includes a thrust. I'd probably say its a little cumbersome at first, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Not trying to say SS isn't benefited by motion controls, but the actual fundamentals aren't different from other games on the market.

11 minutes ago, Nokt said:

KCD has 6 attack options, it also includes a thrust. I'd probably say its a little cumbersome at first, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Not trying to say SS isn't benefited by motion controls, but the actual fundamentals aren't different from other games on the market.

No, I understand you.  But back to my question, do you think Kingdoms should have gone further with it?

It’s relevant for a discussion of whether a SS port could/should be done similarly. 

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

No, I understand you.  But back to my question, do you think they should have gone further with it?

Eh in KCD's case probably not. It probably strikes the right balance outside of being a bit clunky at first.

I haven't played it, but Mount and Blade could probably be expanded upon in a more controlled environment where you are facing 1-3 enemies at a time.