Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/12/us/benjamin-keough-elvis-presley-grandson-death/index.html

Presley is "entirely heartbroken, inconsolable and beyond devastated," Widynowski said in a statement, "but trying to stay strong for her 11 year old twins and her oldest daughter Riley."

"She adored that boy. He was the love of her life," Widynowski said.

Keough's father was the musician Danny Keough.

Keough had a striking resemblance to his singer/actor grandfather. Priscilla Presley was his maternal grandmother.

Sad situation losing a child so young. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/07/12/lisa-marie-presley-son-benjamin-keough-dead-dies-suicide-elvis/

Might of been suicide. 

He apparently had severe depression all his life. His mom even wrote a song for him when he was younger that's quite touching but telling. I often times think that money would solve so much of my battle with depression but I see these stories of famous people who have so much money and still take their own lives. It's a reminder that mental illness knows no economic differences. I'm saddened for his family. :rose:

2 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

He apparently had severe depression all his life. His mom even wrote a song for him when he was younger that's quite touching but telling. I often times think that money would solve so much of my battle with depression but I see these stories of famous people who have so much money and still take their own lives. It's a reminder that mental illness knows no economic differences. I'm saddened for his family. :rose:

Plus having Elvis as his grandfather was apparently a LOT of pressure especially when you consider he looked just like him. I can't imagine what that must do to you growing up looking like one of the most famous people on the planet.

• Like 1

I often wonder how alienated really famous people like that must feel. I think it's my kneejerk reaction to think of famous, rich people in a 'oh boohoo motherfucker' way but with age I think I understand the implications a lot more and what drives so many of them to have seemingly severe problems. 

• Like 1