Questions about adding child to my Playstation account

DarkStar189

The time has come to add my son to my PS4. I have so many games tied to my account that my goal is for him to still have access to them. We were thinking about getting him his own ps4 eventually. I've never dealt with multiple users before. He is excited to create a psn/gamer tag. Can I create a child user on my account and have us both logged in playing games at the same time on 2 different ps4's? I imagine playing the same game at the same time wouldn't work? 

If I put his real age in (he is under 10) will I be able to control what games he can play? Like if a T rated game came along can I set it to allow him to play it if I choose? I don't want a scenario where he is permanently locked out of something because of an age gate. 

Will he have his own friend list? 

35 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

The time has come to add my son to my PS4. I have so many games tied to my account that my goal is for him to still have access to them. We were thinking about getting him his own ps4 eventually. I've never dealt with multiple users before. He is excited to create a psn/gamer tag. Can I create a child user on my account and have us both logged in playing games at the same time on 2 different ps4's? I imagine playing the same game at the same time wouldn't work? 

If I put his real age in (he is under 10) will I be able to control what games he can play? Like if a T rated game came along can I set it to allow him to play it if I choose? I don't want a scenario where he is permanently locked out of something because of an age gate. 

Will he have his own friend list? 

Every user can have a primary PS4 -- if you set your primary PS4 to the machine that your son plays on, he can access all of your games.  You are able to play your own games on any PS4, however, other users can only play your games on your primary PS4.  I have never tried playing the same game at the same time on two PS4s.

You can set up a fair bit of parental controls. I don't believe there is an age gate.  He has his own friends list, however you have a fair bit of control over what he can do with it (or even prevent him from having friends).