Democratic Kentucky governor to restore voting rights to 100,000 convicted felons who have served their time

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-governor-andy-beshear-plans-to-restore-voting-rights-to-100000-convicted-felons

"My faith teaches me to treat others with dignity and respect. My faith also teaches forgiveness," Beshear, a Democrat, said during his speech from the steps of the Kentucky capital in Frankfort. "That's why on Thursday, I will sign an executive order restoring voting rights to over 100,000 men and women who have done wrong in the past but are doing right now."

"They deserve to participate in our great democracy," Beshear added. "By taking this step, by restoring these voting rights, we declare that everyone in Kentucky counts. We all matter."

Kentucky and Iowa have some of the most stringent restrictions on voting rights for those with felony records and impose lifetime bans on voting for convicted felons. Under the Kentucky Constitution, individuals can petition the governor to restore their voting rights.

That's why it's always important to vote for non-presidential elections as well. No matter what happens in Washington, you can make a difference in your red state.

4 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Re-enfranchising felons is a great thing Democratic party governors can do to combat election chicanery by the Republican party. I gotta believe that McAuliffe doing that in Virginia helped with the next two historic turnout elections in VA.

With a trifecta here, we need to push the advantage and end right to work and push other organizational/union building laws

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

With a trifecta here, we need to push the advantage and end right to work and push other organizational/union building laws

End right to work

Make salaries public or private, but a business being allowed to forbid you discussing salary with co-workers and new employers being able to demand your salary history is a deeply worker unfriendly soup.

Better fund unemployment benefits.

More online community college access, free ESL classes particularly for Spanish, Korean, and South Asian languages.

Anything more? I'm itching to call my reps.

5 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

End right to work

Make salaries public or private, but a business being allowed to forbid you discussing salary with co-workers and new employers being able to demand your salary history is a deeply worker unfriendly soup.

Better fund unemployment benefits.

More online community college access, free ESL classes particularly for Spanish, Korean, and South Asian languages.

Anything more? I'm itching to call my reps.

Paid time off; vacation and parental leave. $15 Minimum wage