Green Lantern comics is getting a new writer

Instead of the big, epic, 12-part stories, we’re focusing down on the everyday life of a space cop. Basically, it’s no more apocalypse-ending storylines,” Morrison told IGN over a phone interview along with Sharp. “The basic concept is that [Hal Jordan] is like a space cop that patrols a sector of the universe where anything can happen. We’ve made it more like a police procedural.

hmmmmmm i might be interested in GL now

You're not kidding, Hurdy! 

Grant Morrison can be either a blessing or a curse. A confusing curse. Lol.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, Firewithin said:

Instead of the big, epic, 12-part stories, we’re focusing down on the everyday life of a space cop. Basically, it’s no more apocalypse-ending storylines,” Morrison told IGN over a phone interview along with Sharp. “The basic concept is that [Hal Jordan] is like a space cop that patrols a sector of the universe where anything can happen. We’ve made it more like a police procedural.

hmmmmmm i might be interested in GL now

It seems to me that there was a time, a long time ago, that Green Lantern was exactly like that. For quite awhile, there was very little spectacle. Then Geoff Johns came along and jacked Green Lantern to an amazing level. 

Just like it needed a change back then, I think now is the right time for this type of change. 

This could be very good. 

I may have to check GL out now... while I don't always love his stuff, GM always does something interesting. I would have preferred Warren Ellis getting a shot with the title. Who is the artist? By the way, for the first time in my life as a comic reader and collector I legit feel like DC has surpassed Marvel comics wise. The DC books are awesome right now while Marvel seems a little rudderless outside of a few titles.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I may have to check GL out now... while I don't always love his stuff, GM always does something interesting. I would have preferred Warren Ellis getting a shot with the title. Who is the artist? By the way, for the first time in my life as a comic reader and collector I legit feel like DC has surpassed Marvel comics wise. The DC books are awesome right now while Marvel seems a little rudderless outside of a few titles.

I think Liam Sharp is the artist, which is a little different for Green Lantern. 

Morrison does make things interesting  whether one likes it or not. I appreciate that he does things his way with the story telling. This can be very interesting  with space travel as its really up to the writer's imagination.

And yes, DC has really been killing it in with the comics of late.