They helped Trump win Michigan, then his immigration crackdown split their community

• Jason changed the title to They helped Trump win Michigan, then his immigration crackdown split their community

“My president is going to be good for the Christians and the economy,” Warda Slewo, an ardent Donald Trump fan, told his daughter, Ashourina Slewo, in her small kitchen in the northeastern suburbs of Detroit on Jan. 20, 2017.

“Your president is a racist,” Ashourina shot back. “I can’t look at your face when you’re saying that his plan for the economy outweighs the horrible things he’s saying about humans.”

When Warda Slewo reached a detention center in Ohio early the next morning, ICE allowed him a one-minute phone call. “Write this down,” he told his daughter. “They’re holding me in Youngstown. Don’t leave me.”An automated voice chimed in the background, warning the two that they only had 10 seconds left to speak.

“Hey Dad,” Ashourina said, unable to help herself. “Do you still support Trump?”

She heard the sound of her dad cursing in Aramaic before the line went dead.

Run for office, young lady. You're the fucking bomb.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha 2