Games Workshop introduces "Warcry" - a low unit count skirmish game set in the Warhammer: Age of Sigmar (fantasy) universe

Commissar SFLUFAN

Last year, Games Workshop released "Kill Team", a low unit count Warhammer 40K skirmish-based title that was pretty much intended as a "jumping on point" for people interested in the hobby.  This year, GW have taken the Kill Team concept and extended it to the Age of Sigmar (fantasy) universe with Warcry.  These videos below give you some idea about this new direction for Age of Sigmar.

Warhammer Community site for Warcry

Warcry YouTube channel

The Starter Set which contains everything you'll ever need to play Warcry costs $170 if you buy it directly from Games Workshop, but it can be found for $145 through various online gaming retail stores.

60010299019_ENGWarcryCoreGame01.jpg

16 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I guess this would be a bad time to mention that many online independent retailers are selling it for $145 :p

Yeah..I knew I was gonna take a hit going in,  We have two really good game stores locally close to me (Non GW owned) Dice City Games (Wheaton) and Dream Wizards Bethesda/Rockville and so I grin and bare(bear?) it to support them because even though I don’t get to participate much I like knowing theres are good places for the board gaming community locally.   Dreamwizards had a nice (TooPoortoGotoGenCon) WarGaming tournament this last weekend among their various stuff.    

On 7/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, SFLUFAN said:

At the rate GW is going, you'll have all of the old Warhammer Fantasy races in AoS soon enough.

My hatred of AOS is a combo of getting rid of armies, ending the Old World, and a dumb down system. I rather have blocks of troops then the current skirmish.