AEW Presents: Fight for the Fallen (Sat. July 13th @ 8:30pm EST)

Beginning Live at 7:30pm EST with the "Buy In" and the main card set to begin at 8:30pm - streaming FOR FREE on B/R Live

The card as it stands heading into Saturday night is:

Joey Janela, Jimmy Havoc & Darby Allin v. Shawn Spears, MJF & Sammy Guevara ("The Buy In")

Brandi Rhodes v. Allie

Hangman Page v. Kip Sabian

SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) v. The Lucha Brothers

Kenny Omega v. Cima

Brothers Tag Team Match feat. The Young Bucks v. Dustin & Cody Rhodes

A solid card overall and Jericho said he'd make an appearance as well. Moxley will not be here as he's in Japan for the G1 Tournament (this is also available to watch on AXS Network if you have it!)

A few things to note is that a majority of the proceeds of this event actually go to help those who have suffered from gun violence which is pretty cool. Also, after that chair shot a couple weeks ago and how fired up MJF was about it and now must team up with the man responsible (Spears), I'm intrigued as to how that will all play out as well. I've never seen a Sabian match, nor have I witnessed Sammy in a ring either so I'm keen to check these two guys out in their respective matches.

I'm at work but I was able to watch the Buy In 3v3 match and it was pretty fun watching MJF and Spears being team mates knowing what he did to Cody. It's amazing after the match Cody and Darby had the crowd was really fired up for more Darby which is what that match was supposed to do. Sammy is so full of energy. Very fun to watch matches he is in. Sean is being set up to be a significant heel. Glad that they are able to use the chair botch to their advantage by calling him the Chairman. Will watch the rest of the show tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just got done with the last match, and it was a decent ppv. It still feels very very rough in the production department (entrance themes being rushed, the commentators not quite clicking with each other <this is the first time I've ever felt like JR might be too old for this job>, and the wrestlers themselves not having that "larger than life" feeling to them). Still, the camera angles are sooo much better than they were at Double or Nothing, finally hearing the music over the audience cheers is a big plus, and having the roster being a bit more established with heels and faces (and less random people in the ring) made this enjoyable.

There are still no "prizes" to be won, so the matches feel more exhibitionist rather than meaningful. I'm sure once titles are introduced and feuds are fleshed out, this will immediately go away. But for now, it's better than WWE but still not as good as NJPW,