Fortnite Season 5 | Gyro aiming added to Switch

AndrewDean84

Holy fuck.  This is why Fortnite is easily the best BR game out there.  The amount of support this game gets is insane.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-0?sessionInvalidated=true

There are quite a few things added and changed.  I love that the progression stuff will no longer be tied to a single season and will now be based on XP, rather than season level.  I had enough vbucks to buy the Season 5 Battle Pass, but gave them an extra $10 to get the Season 5 Battle Pass bundle.  They earned my money.  

BR05_Social_Launch_Golf-Cart-1920x1080-8

BR04_Social_Minimap_Names-2160x2160-3af6

I tried out the motion controls, feels good. Great addition. 

Epic isn't just shaming pubg, they're shaming the whole GAAS industry with these updates. I suppose making a bajillion dollars a month is a great motivator, but they're really killing it with fortnite. Every week there's something new happening. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Epic isn't just shaming pubg, they're shaming the whole GAAS industry with these updates. I suppose making a bajillion dollars a month is a great motivator, but they're really killing it with fortnite. Every week there's something new happening. 

I just tried out the gyro aiming as well, felt damn good.  Got 4 kills using it too.  What an amazing addition.

And yeah, Epic is fucking killing it as the best GAAS dev.  Even if you don't buy the battle pass and don't care about the challenges, or whatever, their free support to a fun game is amazing.  And the shotgunning people tried doing is already feeling different.  

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

Well, I think there's a couple things to remember in comparison to other, non-PUBG GAAS titles (non-PUBG because PUBG is unbelievably bad at updates and is its own special case of shitty): Fortnite is a fairly simple game with a single map, it's making ridiculous amounts of money, and it's built using an extremely mature game engine on top of an extremely mature game that this company owns. Fortnite didn't just pop up with Battle Royale, so I imagine they're able to be much more swift than your average developer. The game also wasn't ridden with terrible bugs upon release due to the aforementioned several thousand years in development that left the whole thing pretty damned stable.

Even considering all that, Epic is doing great, but I wouldn't expect that kind of quick turnaround to become the norm elsewhere.

40 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Well, I think there's a couple things to remember in comparison to other, non-PUBG GAAS titles (non-PUBG because PUBG is unbelievably bad at updates and is its own special case of shitty): Fortnite is a fairly simple game with a single map, it's making ridiculous amounts of money, and it's built using an extremely mature game engine on top of an extremely mature game that this company owns. Fortnite didn't just pop up with Battle Royale, so I imagine they're able to be much more swift than your average developer. The game also wasn't ridden with terrible bugs upon release due to the aforementioned several thousand years in development that left the whole thing pretty damned stable.

Even considering all that, Epic is doing great, but I wouldn't expect that kind of quick turnaround to become the norm elsewhere.

Oh they're definitely playing with advantages as you pointed out - I feel bad for other devs trying to compete in this space. How do you keep up with this juggernaut?