Playdate - A new tiny handheld system coming next year for $149

TwinIon

On 2/4/2024 at 12:03 AM, stepee said:

I ended up getting a Playdate about a month ago. I love it. I leave it on the side table by the couch and my kids play it all the time trying to out do each others high scores. So far I’ve bought Root Bear, P Racing, Gun Trails and Mars After Midnight. I actually bought that reading light a few years ago and it is the perfect light for the Playdate.

Also this company seems like they can never catch a break:

RETRODODO.COM

$400,000 of missing PlayDate consoles has vanished into thin air, with Panic, the makers of the console, begining investigations.

Sensational headline aside, it says $400,000 worth of Playdates went missing and they have started to see the missing/stolen consoles being registered online.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I ended up getting a Playdate about a month ago. I love it. I leave it on the side table by the couch and my kids play it all the time trying to out do each others high scores. So far I’ve bought Root Bear, P Racing, Gun Trails and Mars After Midnight. I actually bought that reading light a few years ago and it is the perfect light for the Playdate.

RETRODODO.COM

$400,000 of missing PlayDate consoles has vanished into thin air, with Panic, the makers of the console, begining investigations.

Sensational headline aside, it says $400,000 worth of Playdates went missing and they have started to see the missing/stolen consoles being registered online.

Yeah I really like the little guy. I like to sit outside in the sun and play it, like an actually handheld. Also I’ll bring it with me sometimes, I wouldn’t normally bring a switch or deck.

4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

RETRODODO.COM

Also if you haven’t you should set up side loading which you can do from the main play date site. You can link it to your itch.io account and find hundreds of play date games outside of the Catalog many of which are free!

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Also if you haven’t you should set up side loading which you can do from the main play date site. You can link it to your itch.io account and find hundreds of play date games outside of the Catalog many of which are free!

I’ll have to check that out. 

15 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I’ll have to check that out. 

What’s cool is the way it links to your account and then adds the games to your list on the playdate itself - you can go on itch.io and browse games and add them to your library while taking a dump!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Where’s the dock?

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

:/ tell me about it. Latest is that…it’s still coming. I guess there was some issue with the previous partner and they had to find a new one.