Sound cuts out when earning Trophy on PS4

Brick

I'm having this weird issue when I'm playing my PS4, where whenever I earn a Trophy the sound completely cuts out for a couple of seconds while the notification pops up. Kind of annoying, especially if a character is talking. I've noticed it will also happen if I take a screenshot, so it seems to be whenever the PS4 UI pops up. There have been a couple of times where I've earned a Trophy and it didn't happen, but I don't know what I've done differently in order to prevent this. I noticed this used to happen a little bit on my old TV and sound bar, where the sound from the sound bar would cut out for a couple seconds randomly, but it wasn't as bad because sound from the TV itself would still play, but now with the new TV and sound bar, all sounds go through just the sound bar.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and have any solutions? Googling it didn't seem to help.

I know you said you Googled it, but did you exhaust the solutions in this thread?

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4/Sound-cuts-out-during-trophy-notification/m-p/25612789

Seems like folks figured out a bit more as time went on, from the info bar on certain TVs to it being related to a PS4 firmware update with HDR to sound bar-related stuff, which seems pretty telling considering you do have a sound bar.

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I know you said you Googled it, but did you exhaust the solutions in this thread?

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4/Sound-cuts-out-during-trophy-notification/m-p/25612789

Seems like folks figured out a bit more as time went on, from the info bar on certain TVs to it being related to a PS4 firmware update with HDR to sound bar-related stuff, which seems pretty telling considering you do have a sound bar.

Can't remember if I came across that thread or not. I might not have read through all of it if I did if I didn't see a solution to my problem.