iOS app store finally allows emulators

stepee

This has been news for a week or two now but there wasn’t anything released yet worth talking about. But now Riley has brought his excellent made for iOS multi system emulator Delta officially to the app store. 

It of course supports actual gamepads like xbox pads or backbone attachments. Though the nicely designed haptics means that if you are just playing a bit at the dentist it won’t be the worst time using those.

Right now it’s just Nintendo systems but the alt store version supports some other systems and this says more to come, so expect to see t16, genesis, etc.

Now we wait to see when Retroarch and Dolphin make it over!

WWW.MACRUMORS.COM

Game emulator apps have come and gone since Apple announced App Store support for them on April 5, but now popular game emulator Delta from developer...

Just in time for this:

WWW.ENGADGET.COM

Razer just released the Kishi Ultra mobile gaming controller. It works with some foldable phones, in addition to Android devices, iPhones and iPads.

Supposedly this one works with you leaving the case on. That is huge if it does indeed work that way. Having to take the case off is why I never really used the backbone/kishi as much as I thought I would.

9 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

How do you get roms on this thing?

For Delta it’s crazy simple. You can just download them direct and then open the rom and it will import it into a menu for the system it belongs to. You can put them on onedrive/icloud and then import from thrrr as well.

On 4/18/2024 at 3:48 PM, stepee said:

Just in time for this:

WWW.ENGADGET.COM

Razer just released the Kishi Ultra mobile gaming controller. It works with some foldable phones, in addition to Android devices, iPhones and iPads.

Supposedly this one works with you leaving the case on. That is huge if it does indeed work that way. Having to take the case off is why I never really used the backbone/kishi as much as I thought I would.

Ok yeah this is a massive improvement over the backbone and especially the original kishi. The grip and the feel of the gamepad is massively improved and it feels more like an actual controller. The dpad is actually usable. Buttons feels good. Triggers feel fine if not spectacular.

The gamepad doesn’t shake around the phone, not even where the connection is. I hated that in backbone and kishi. It just feels and looks solid. It’s a lot bigger but worth it. And yes, it works just fire with my case on. That is the biggest thing here as it makes it infinitely more usable imo.

I haven’t played with its fancy haptics stuff but I don’t care that much since I don’t figure much of anything will ever support it. You can also use it connected to a device via usb c and play it that way which is nice. 

It’s $150 but I’m sure like the original kishi it will be on sale for $100 and at that price I would say it’s a good buy.