I can't update Windows

1 minute ago, Link200 said:

Have you tried uninstalling updates that have already been applied and re-updating?

SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM

Learn how to uninstall a Windows update, if for example that update is causing your system to have errors or other problems.

I haven't because, uh, it doesn't look like it will solve anything?????

c247431551955c9e37e2a65aaa7277f4.png

12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I haven't because, uh, it doesn't look like it will solve anything?????

c247431551955c9e37e2a65aaa7277f4.png

Ah, fun.

Ok when you try to reinstall windows what version are you using?

You could try to use an older ISO file. That way if there is some odd incompatibility it will at least reinstall windows and hopefully clean up bad drivers and such.

Older versions of windows are available from Microsoft at the below link. You may need to sign up for Visual Studio but it is free.

12 minutes ago, Link200 said:

Ah, fun.

Ok when you try to reinstall windows what version are you using?

You could try to use an older ISO file. That way if there is some odd incompatibility it will at least reinstall windows and hopefully clean up bad drivers and such.

Older versions of windows are available from Microsoft at the below link. You may need to sign up for Visual Studio but it is free.

I haven't really tried reinstalling Windows I think. I tried the Windows Media Creation tool and I tried the Windows Update Assistant. I also tried installing the next update via the ISO shit, but I didn't try to install an update that is older than the current version or to reinstall the current version. I haven't tried to "downgrade" or "sidegrade" via an ISO file.

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I haven't really tried reinstalling Windows I think. I tried the Windows Media Creation tool and I tried the Windows Update Assistant. I also tried installing the next update via the ISO shit, but I didn't try to install an update that is older than the current version or to reinstall the current version. I haven't tried to "downgrade" or "sidegrade" via an ISO file.

That could work. It should still give you the option to keep your data I believe.