Podcasts and audio dramas for "Spooky Season"

Because October marks the traditional start of "Spooky Season", I thought it would be a good for us to have a place to post our favorite podcasts/audio dramas that feature things that go bump in the night for others to enjoy.

I'll start with a couple of my favorite horror-themed podcasts:

RUSTYQUILL.COM

The Magnus Archives is a weekly horror fiction anthology podcast examining what lurks in the archives of the Magnus Institute, an organisation dedicated to researching the esoteric and the weird. J…

The Magnus Archives is a weekly horror fiction anthology podcast examining what lurks in the archives of the Magnus Institute, an organisation dedicated to researching the esoteric and the weird. Join new head archivist Jonathan Sims as he attempts to bring a seemingly neglected collection of supernatural statements up to date, converting them to audio and supplementing them with follow-up work from his small but dedicated team.

Individually, they are unsettling. Together they begin to form a picture that is truly horrifying because as they look into the depths of the archives, something starts to look back…

Old Gods of Appalachia

Old Gods of Appalachia is an eldritch horror anthology podcast set in the darkest mountains in the world. Our world is an alternate Appalachia, where these mountains were never meant to be inhabited.

Long before anyone lived in these hills, beings of immeasurable darkness and incomprehensible madness were entombed here. It was during this bygone age, when the Appalachians towered much higher and more menacing than the gentle slopes and ridges we know today, that they were conscripted after a great battle to serve as the final prison for those dark forces. But of course, time marches inexorably on. Eons passed and the walls of the prison begin to wear thin. And Things that slumbered soundlessly below for millennia began to stir and become restless.

They began to call to those who would hear them.

To dig. To seek and find. To follow and serve. To keep this dark and bloody land for themselves and their masters.

Coincidentally, both of these podcast series have recently released or are about to release actual tabletop RPGs from Monte Cook Games!

WWW.MONTECOOKGAMES.COM

In the mountains of Central Appalachia, blood runs as deep as these hollers and just as dark. Since before our … Old Gods of Appalachia Roleplaying Game

WWW.MONTECOOKGAMES.COM

My gaze focused back on the thing in his hands, that dead, curling lump of clay, and I watched it … Announcing The Magnus Archive Roleplaying Game

For audio drama, you really can't go wrong at all with the adaption of Audible's adaptation of The Sandman.

WWW.AUDIBLE.COM

Listen to The Sandman audiobooks on Audible. Immerse yourself in the series as it was meant to be heard. Free trial available!

Alright - let's see what you guys have now!

• Hugs 2

Came here to post The Sandman lol

For an absolutely wonderful “lighter” spooky story I can’t recommend the audio version of The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman enough! Like the Sandman it’s a BBC production so full voice cast with music and sound effects(lesser scale than Sandman) and it just absolutely brilliant!

• Halal 1