How woke are you?

stepee

34 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I know that feel, bro. :p I'm not broke but I've gone a little crazy with outdoor gear, travel, and dining out lately, so... I need to live semi-frugally too. 

Yeah, every year this time my husband does a calculation of our net worth, so I had to tell him the balances on all my accounts and let's just say it wasn't the best time for me to divulge that. Like, he should have waited about 4 weeks. :p

• Hugs 1

52 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, every year this time my husband does a calculation of our net worth, so I had to tell him the balances on all my accounts and let's just say it wasn't the best time for me to divulge that. Like, he should have waited about 4 weeks. :p

Do you use any budgeting software? I recently was introduced to YNAB, or "You Need A Budget", which is a web app for budgeting that lets you track your spending, create spending goals by category, etc. The reason I ask is just because of the comment about "net worth", as that's a metric that YNAB constantly tracks and makes available to you in a report any time you want to see it.

Which maybe isn't something you want to be aware of but once per year, I dunno. :p I've found YNAB to  be pretty great, in general. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nokra said:

Do you use any budgeting software? I recently was introduced to YNAB, or "You Need A Budget", which is a web app for budgeting that lets you track your spending, create spending goals by category, etc. The reason I ask is just because of the comment about "net worth", as that's a metric that YNAB constantly tracks. 

Which maybe isn't something you want to be aware of but once per year, I dunno. :p I've found YNAB to  be pretty great, in general. 

I’m gonna check it out. 

I normally don’t overspend and I pay the balances of my cards monthly, so I’m never paying interest. So I’m not horrible with my money. But I definitely need to get on track to saving and investing more since I’ve got the extra cashflow form no mortgage. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m gonna check it out. 

I normally don’t overspend and I pay the balances of my cards monthly, so I’m never paying interest. So I’m not horrible with my money. But I definitely need to get on track to saving and investing more since I’ve got the extra cashflow form no mortgage. 

Cool, I hope you'll find some value in it like I have over the last few months. It does cost money (about $100 per year, IIRC) after a 30 day trial, I think it is, but I do think it beats the hell out of e.g. just having Excel spreadsheets or something. If nothing else, it's better because it can (but doesn't have to) import your credit/debit card transactions automatically, can assign them to categories automatically, etc. There's a bit of work involved on the front end in setting up your budget and goals, but it really helps you track your spending and plan for the future.