Update: Southwest Airlines resumes flight operations following FAA lifting of nationwide ground stop

230323105146-southwest-airlines-file-101
EDITION.CNN.COM

The Federal Aviation Administration has issued a nationwide ground stop for Southwest Airlines flights, citing "equipment issues."

The Federal Aviation Administration has issued a nationwide ground stop for Southwest Airlines flights, citing “equipment issues.”

“Southwest Airlines requested the FAA pause the airline’s departures,” the agency told CNN in a statement.

Southwest Airlines reported technology issues Tuesday morning and said it would “hopefully be resuming our operation as soon as possible.”

30 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Glad I cashed out my luv stock awhile ago 

I did a quick buy/sell on the news and made some lunch money for this week. Looking at it now, I kinda like the stock though…

4 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

So this was technical issues around their scheduling or something, right? Nothing to do with the airplanes themselves?

The airline said in a statement that a connection to some operational data was unexpectedly lost when a firewall supplied by a vendor went down early Tuesday. 

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Southwest Airlines resumes flight operations following FAA lifting of nationwide ground stop
5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I did a quick buy/sell on the news and made some lunch money for this week. Looking at it now, I kinda like the stock though…

Southwest isn’t what it used to be but the fundamentals at least look good. It just feels like it’s going in the wrong direction as a company