LTTP: I just started watching Sons of Anarchy

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Season 5 done. 

Motherfuckergoddammitwhatinthenfuckihateitall

Fucking cuntbitch Gemma, Jax is turning villain, and I almost feel a little bad for Clay. Feels like it’s all coming apart and the final two seasons are gonna be brutal. 

Side note: Tig and the dog was one of the most heartwarming things I’ve seen in this show. And dammit, I like Nero. He seems like a legit good guy at his core. 

Yeah, season 5 is where the show decides this shit is going to get worse, not better. It's nice hearing your thoughts as you go through the show as it emulates much of what I was feeling as I was going along. And yeah, Gemma, the fucking worst.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh yeah. Random thought. I love it when Happy casts his yea vote on anything. Just the way he says it, lol. 

Oh, and I’m having little sympathy for Otto. Dude went through the shit, but murdering that nurse like that…I guess he’s getting what’s coming to him. 

Yeah, as the seasons go on it's harder and harder to sympathize with some of the SAMCRO members because they've just been asked to do so much heinous shit "for the club" that at this point their souls are so far gone they don't recognize the line between good and evil anymore I feel like. It becomes all about self-preservation. The ideals Jax's father spoke about so eloquently in season 1 are long gone.

Charlie Hunnam acting up a storm if I remember correctly though with the new path he goes down.

• True 2

• 2 months later...

Season 6 done. 

Well. That was one of the most devastating episodes of tv I’ve ever watched. I knew Tara’s fate was coming because it’s an older show and that was a spoiler I encountered a long time ago, but how that went down was just terrible. For Jax to finally step up and own his actions, their reconciliation, just for a miscommunication to end it all. Horrific. Fuck Gemma. I know her ultimate fate, too, but it doesn’t make that easier. Gonna have to watch her hide her guilt for another season. 

Overall thoughts, it was a solid season. Couldn’t help but feel a bit bad for a Clay at the end. But it was right. Roosevelt was basically a good man who wanted to be a good cop and I hated to see him go like that. Hope Juice gets his karma. What a weak guy. 

Some of the plotting was over the top and convoluted, especially Tara’s miscarriage plan. 

Guess the final season is going to be Jax‘s road to full on villain. Tara was the last person grounding him. 

oh, and Jimmy Smits remains a great addition. Charming and funny and basically a guy you wanna root for. I hope he gets out of this mess by the time it all ends. 

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

10 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Yeah, while the B stories were a bit all over the place in the last couple seasons, having Jimmy Smits a part of the cast really helped it evolve & elevate itself in terms of acting quality for sure. I was just wondering if you'd been watching, nice to see the update!

Yeah, it’s been slow, I mostly just watch it at work on lunch or while I’m on the treadmill. Plus, it’s just so heavy I can’t binge it easily. 

Just watched the opener for season 7 and yep, this is gonna be dark. I hate Gemma. 

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ohhhh, and I love the character of Venus Van Dam. That episode where they rescue her son was surprisingly touching. Loved it. And her and Tig together, just fucking great. I love seeing Tig’s soft side. I hope she makes another appearance in the last season. 

Walton's portrayal of that character, just WOW!!! What's wild is, in either season 2 or 3, when the other African sheriff that was on the take w/ the club got shot as he was trying to help out Opie, that "woman of the night" was named Venus as well I believe. Not sure if coincidence or not but hey, either way, the role & character really come into their own & being mirrored by Tig of all the guys, yeah you're going to really dig it.

Yeah, Tara got done really dirty - brutal death in any show. Gemma is the absolute worst, and Jax still doesn't know her part in his father's "accident", right? Frustrating. Seasons 6+7 were the darkest of the show but I felt the plotlines became a bit too over the top and soap opera-y in those seasons but the broad strokes are done well.

• True 1

I may have felt all emotional when Jax told Abel Wendy was his first mommy. Great scene. I root for Wendy so much. 

Of course that’s followed up by Abel dropping the dime on Gemma so here we go. Seems like most stuff is wrapped up at this point, so I’m guessing the primary focus will be on Jax discovering the truth about Tara’s murder. 

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I may have felt all emotional when Jax told Abel Wendy was his first mommy. Great scene. I root for Wendy so much. 

Of course that’s followed up by Abel dropping the dime on Gemma so here we go. Seems like most stuff is wrapped up at this point, so I’m guessing the primary focus will be on Jax discovering the truth about Tara’s murder. 

I'm just not gonna say anything else until you finish at this point. :p Excited to hear final thoughts.

• True 1

Done. Phew, what a ride. 

Honestly, that was about as perfect an ending as you could get. There was really no other option for Jax and it was poetic how he finally understood his father. I’d like to think his sons avoided that life. Nero and Wendy were great and I’m glad they got their happy(ish) ending. 

Last couple of seasons did get convoluted, but I think it wrapped up nicely(albeit tragically). Like Jax promised Patterson, “the bad guys lose.”

Wonder if SAMCRO continues down a more legit path under Chibs or if that’s addressed in Mayans at all. 

• Halal 1

On 12/30/2023 at 11:58 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Two episodes to go. Jax found out. Some phenomenal acting by Charlie Hunnam there. I felt that emotion. Juice’s confession, the blank look in his face, but the tears falling. 

Great stuff. 

What's wild is that whole scene was shot in a single take. That however, was the SECOND of such takes, as the first was essentially PERFECT from all who've spoken about it, just that the camera wasn't on!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 7:16 AM, SoberChef said:

What's wild is that whole scene was shot in a single take. That however, was the SECOND of such takes, as the first was essentially PERFECT from all who've spoken about it, just that the camera wasn't on!

Well, it was still damn good by both actors!

• True 1