My Hero Academia Live Action Movie Coming to Netflix, Produced by Legendary Entertainment

my_hero_academia_still.jpg?w=1296
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

Joby Harold will write the screenplay for director Shinsuke Sato’s English-language debut as the manga sensation jumps to the live-action movie realm.

Joby Harold is penning the screenplay for the live-action feature, which will be director and executive producer Shinsuke Sato’s English-language debut and will see the popular manga property jump to the live-action movie realm. Harold’s credits include Obi-Wan Kenobi and Army of the Dead.

@Greatoneshere and @Ghost_MH both wished for this to happen. Congrats!

MHA is just X-Men, but with no overarching theme. The manga has been pretty terrible as of late. I wonder how fans of the anime will react to the final arc.

That said, there's no reason MHA couldn't work in live action other than the age of the characters. The entire series takes place in their first year of high school.

Honestly, I'd rather see a live action adaptation of My Heroes Vigilantes. It's a far better story with more interesting characters. Also, no high school kids, so that's nice.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

MHA is just X-Men, but with no overarching theme. The manga has been pretty terrible as of late. I wonder how fans of the anime will react to the final arc.

That said, there's no reason MHA couldn't work in live action other than the age of the characters. The entire series takes place in their first year of high school.

Honestly, I'd rather see a live action adaptation of My Heroes Vigilantes. It's a far better story with more interesting characters. Also, no high school kids, so that's nice.

Man, that's a shame to hear - for me MHA (the anime) has been pretty great so far. It has weird pacing with its arcs and some arcs are clearly better than others but been enjoying it.

An MHA adaptation can work better than the One Piece one but this will still be terrible. The budget you need alone means Netflix won't stick with the show anyway.