Hospital Caught Dumping Patients On Street

12 hours ago, emalider said:

That hits too close to home.

Finally had to leave the clinical setting - loved the ICU and management was quite the experience (in a great way, outside of COVID), but the last three years of COVID took its toll. Sunday night panic attacks, daily 0500 calls for staffing, patient/visitor threats of violence, constant worrying about staff safety, all of it, just....oof. Recently had a false alarm on an active shooter, double oof. :/

Much respect to you and cnut. Be safe 🙏

Yeah, those lovely bed meetings where I ask for 11 nurses and get told ill get 2 have driven me to drink so many times. I can’t cover the boarding admits! How am I supposed to be an ER too!? The utter uselessness that is LE in my city/dept all of it is killing me. The pay and pension are the only things keeping me there now unfortunately.

The only possible course of action that could have any impact would be for frontline health-care workers to follow the actions of their colleagues in the UK and engage in a nationwide general strike:

6904.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Observer poll shows 60% of public back strike, with some Conservatives urging PM to give ground to nurses while others demand he hold firm

Public support for striking nurses has increased over the past fortnight, a poll for the Observer has revealed, as ministers vow to stand firm against any increased pay offer ahead of further NHS walkouts.

With pressure growing within the Conservative party and among NHS bosses for Rishi Sunak to find a compromise, the latest Opinium poll shows that after the strike by tens of thousands of nurses across England, Wales and Northern Ireland on Thursday - the first such action in NHS history - nurses retain significant public support. Three fifths (60%) of voters said they support nurses going on strike for two days in December, up three points on the last poll a fortnight ago. Some 29% were opposed, down one point.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Without nurses they'll just have the patient do it themselves. Last time I went to the dentist there was no assistant person with the dentist so he just made me use the sucky thing to suck my own spit while he worked.

I’m sure some administrator has argued for that 😂