Seaman Recruit who was accused of destroying a US Navy ship was just found not guilty on all charges

Just now, BloodyHell said:

What a weird case.

The guy we think did it got busted out for suicide, so we're going to pin it on this other guy! 

Fucking military justice.

I'm not surprised.  Although I never witnessed anything as serious as this incident in my 10 years in the Navy, I saw similar blame games happen.  One of the most toxic parts of military culture, and it seems to happen more with lower ranking enlisted and not senior enlisted or (more appropriately) officers.  

• Halal 1

15 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm not surprised.  Although I never witnessed anything as serious as this incident in my 10 years in the Navy, I saw similar blame games happen.  One of the most toxic parts of military culture, and it seems to happen more with lower ranking enlisted and not senior enlisted or (more appropriately) officers.  

I just don't understand the logic. Even if the guy they believe did it was thrown out of the Navy, they could have prosecuted him as civilian, he committed arson for over a billion against the government. 

The officer who led the prosecution of this sailor should have his career destroyed for malicious prosecution.