Completely out of nowhere, The Sandman: Act III audio drama releases on Audible!

This took me COMPLETELY by surprise, in the best way possible!

51T0wO4jk1L._SL10_UR1600,800_CR200,50,10
WWW.AUDIBLE.COM

Check out this great listen on Audible.com. The groundbreaking audio production of what Los Angeles Times Magazine called “the greatest epic in the history of comic books” continues. Leading perhaps the best cast ever assembled in audio, James McAvoy returns to voice Morpheus, the Lord...

Ivh2QID.jpeg

@Greatoneshere

@Mercury33

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another absolutely fantastic season of this superb audio drama :clap:

Once again, I can honestly say that no piece of media in recent memory elicits such an emotional reaction from me as this one does (primarily a feeling of acute melancholy) largely due to the outstanding vocal performances of everyone involved, especially Gaiman's narration!  The high point for me this season didn't even feature Dream and the rest of the Endless prominently at all - it was the series of episodes centered around the "Worlds' End" inn.  I could easily have listened to more of those stories for hours!

For me, this will always and forever be the definitive adaptation of the comic and I will be well and truly sad when this series draws to its inevitable conclusion which will more than likely be next season :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 9:25 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Another absolutely fantastic season of this superb audio drama :clap:

Once again, I can honestly say that no piece of media in recent memory elicits such an emotional reaction from me as this one does (primarily a feeling of acute melancholy) largely due to the outstanding vocal performances of everyone involved, especially Gaiman's narration!  The high point for me this season didn't even feature Dream and the rest of the Endless prominently at all - it was the series of episodes centered around the "Worlds' End" inn.  I could easily have listened to more of those stories for hours!

For me, this will always and forever be the definitive adaptation of the comic and I will be well and truly sad when this series draws to its inevitable conclusion which will more than likely be next season :(

I'm now almost done with Act III - it is as stellar as ever. About to start the final arc of Act III - World's End. I'm curious whether they can put everything left into an Act IV though given Act I adapted 20 issues into 20 episodes, Act II adapted 21 issues into 21 episodes, and Act III adapted 19 issues into 19 episodes (from what I can tell). That still leaves a couple of one off story issues to still adapt as well as the 13-issue Kindly Ones arc and the 4-issue The Wake arc which adds up to a potential 20 episodes at minimum for Act IV. Sounds pretty doable.

Either way, really looking forward to it. I wish Netflix would confirm a season 2 of the show as well. 

• Halal 1