Praise be lawyers

To make a very long four days short:

3 years ago I bought the land one of our drive ins sits on, and on Friday I get a call from the realtor of the people we bought it from. They are trying to sell the little 2.5 acre piece from the original 34 acres that we did not purchase, but ran into a snag because the buyer was told by the state DOT that they can't put another driveway in on their property and should reach out to me about sharing my driveway.

Much back and forth occurred and I went to my aunt who normally handles contract stuff for me and she referred me to her legal partner that does a lot more of this type of thing. Dude went absolutely nuclear on all the other parties involved for trying to bully me into signing what was pretty obvious to me to be a bad deal. There is a ton of money on the line for all parties involved so it is in their best interest to play ball with me.

A good lawyer is great when they are on your side, and never sign a legal document that you aren't COMPLETELY comfortable with!

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

"everyone hates lawyers until you need one."

I've gotten out of a couple tricky situations with landlords by simply lawyering up when the landlord thought they could bully me into paying them more money or doing whatever they want.

Landlords love to go on fishing expeditions where they know what they're doing is illegal but they're betting on the tenant just complying out of ignorance of the law. So as soon as you pay a lawyer to write a fuck you letter, it's no longer worth it.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Landlords love to go on fishing expeditions where they know what they're doing is illegal but they're betting on the tenant just complying out of ignorance of the law. So as soon as you pay a lawyer to write a fuck you letter, it's no longer worth it.

One time the lawyer I contacted turned out to be a former tenant of the landlord who was trying to bully us. She actually lived in our house about 10 years before us. She went beyond a fuck you letter and full-on sued him pro bono. This was in like 2018ish.

• Sicko Sherman 2