Most likeliest jobs to fall to bobbuttss

unogueen

I often see crude labour as a likely dead end because of automation. But then I use my brain and imagine that gruesome 16hr farm shift isn't just one thing, but a lot of mobility and flexibility in function. Then there are jobs that employees automate themselves. Scripts aren't hard. There's nothing more familiar to a computer. Banks should be ground zero for one.

As machines produce products quickly and cheaply, they create demand that keeps our economies working. Equipped with cheap mobile and other resources, humans can easily displace peasants. Then there are our current defense and surveillance needs.

There are only two paths:

1. Making enough food in desperate to survive the countryside in self-sufficient communities. People can plant enough to feed their own families with technology from their own drones and weaponry. This is the self-sufficient farmville approach because, if the survivors take turns in "farm management" roles, they can each make enough to feed all their partners. Food is abundant while food sharing keeps the organized life going.

2. Rise of a benevolent dictator. We all know how this is likely to end. Humans can't just operate entirely freely without paying attention to it. Could an Iron Man scenario happen? Perhaps. But I'd bet we'd be using it to keep it the future-themed they want. We've only just managed to break free of animal slavery, make menial working things we'd rather not do a vanishing minority issue, and have substantial smart tech equality and still exist.

What I'm trying to say is that I have hope. I think it's reasonable to ask how we can avoid self-annihilation, though. If we manage to follow that hope and manage to maintain our own population and prosperity, perhaps our grandchildren can avoid taking stock of what we've built and destroying it.