Paramount+ made us The Offer we couldn't refuse

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but couldn't find a thread on it. Just finished all 10 episodes and this might be the best limited series of the year for me, even ahead of We Crashed (which was unbelievably good). 

I won't say much, other than it's a dramatic retelling of the making of The Godfather, starring Miles Teller. It's amazing. Just watch it. 

• Thanks 1

Watched it as well. It's really really solid. We'll acted, love the behind the scene stories of The Godfather, really cool to play in the 70s Hollywood setting, each episode is compelling. Highly recommend it super good.

Been meaning to go back and watch the trilogy ever since.

I've heard it's a well made show but I have a problem with this "dramatic retellings" of real events that are completely false especially when the people who actually lived through these events are still alive. It's why I haven''t watched this OR Winning Time on HBO. I don't really see the point and would rather watch real fiction. This article actually turned me off of watching this show despite the fact that The Godfather is probably my favorite movie of all time.

The-Godfather-Al-Ruddy-Marlon-Brando-e16
DEADLINE.COM

The Offer is based on anecdotes supplied by The Godfather producer Al Ruddy, but differ from the accounts of those who made the movie, Peter Bart writes.

11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've heard it's a well made show but I have a problem with this "dramatic retellings" of real events that are completely false especially when the people who actually lived through these events are still alive. It's why I haven''t watched this OR Winning Time on HBO. I don't really see the point and would rather watch real fiction. This article actually turned me off of watching this show despite the fact that The Godfather is probably my favorite movie of all time.

The-Godfather-Al-Ruddy-Marlon-Brando-e16
DEADLINE.COM

The Offer is based on anecdotes supplied by The Godfather producer Al Ruddy, but differ from the accounts of those who made the movie, Peter Bart writes.

Meh. I still hold Braveheart to be the greatest cinematic masterpiece of all time, despite its inaccuracies. Dramatic films aren't intended to be 100% historically accurate. They're meant to entertain. Otherwise it'd be a documentary. 

Watch it. Enjoy it. If it gets you to go to Wiki and other sites to learn more, all the better for it. 

5 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Meh. I still hold Braveheart to be the greatest cinematic masterpiece of all time, despite its inaccuracies. Dramatic films aren't intended to be 100% historically accurate. They're meant to entertain. Otherwise it'd be a documentary. 

Watch it. Enjoy it. If it gets you to go to Wiki and other sites to learn more, all the better for it. 

I think it's different when the people who LIVED these events are still alive to talk about them and aren't consulted about projects with their names and likenesses in them.