NFL Launches their own streaming service, for your phone, with blackouts

TwinIon

The NFL has unveiled their first streaming service, and it's chock full of all the stupid things that NFL broadcasts have long been known for. NFL+ has both $5 and $10 monthly subscription tiers that include features like live and on demand game replays, selection of announcers, and coaches film (if you pay for the premium package.)

Unfortunately, you can only stream these games to your phone or tablet, and it only includes games that would otherwise be available to you. No out of market games, no streaming to your TV.

It's important to note that this is not replacing NFL Sunday Ticket, the DirecTV service that allows you to watch all NFL games on many devices, including TVs. The rights for Sunday Ticket expire at the end of this coming season, and numerous parties have been rumored to be bidding for it. Still, it seems like a bonehead move to launch a mobile only streaming service that solves none of the problems that people actually have watching the games.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/25/2022 at 10:22 AM, Dodger said:

Well it's a start. Hopefully one day Sunday Ticket won't be on Directv because if it ever gets to be like MLBtv where I can just have it on my xbox/TV I'll get it every year. 

@Dodger How about...

1247117508.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

YouTube’s paying $2 billion a year for football, so this was never going to be cheap.

:sickos:

• Halal 1