I took my kid to enroll at the college I went to

And it kinda hit me in the feels pretty hard. I remember doing this process myself when I was 17 and unsure of whether I even wanted to go to college. John turned 15 in January, and it is weird to think he will be off on his own in a couple of years. The time really flies. 

That school is also where I became really interested in economics after taking micro and macro from this really young PhD there who made it fun. I ended up majoring in economics/minoring in political science, and then doing a masters in economics.

It makes me excited to think he may have that same kind of experience where a subject just clicks and takes him on a ride.

And it also makes this 36 year old feel ancient.

• Guest changed the title to I took my kid to enroll at the college I went to
2 minutes ago, Rachel said:

He’s only 15 and already signing up for college?! What?!

Most high schools have registration agreements with local community colleges so kids who are further ahead can take college courses and earn credits while they’re still in high school. 

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Most high schools have registration agreements with local community colleges so kids who are further ahead can take college courses and earn credits while they’re still in high school. 

Yeah, John will be taking college courses for dual credit for high school. He could just regular enroll since he is home schooled and we can just say he is done with high school (which, relative to public school, he is) but the college provides extra support help for students who are dual enrolled and I’d like him to have access to those things with this being his first time in a completely traditional classroom environment. He would probably be fine either way, he is a really top notch student and very self motivated.