Big Mouth Season 7 + Human Resources Final Season

I was surprised no one had made a thread - I tried finding an old one but couldn't find one, I think the last Big Mouth thread was before the purge. Anyone else watching? Season 5 just dropped a few weeks ago on Netflix and Big Mouth is still pretty great. Seasons 4 and now 5 (so far, I'm on episode 7) the show goes to the raunchy/gross out humor well too often and the show feels less incisive than it used to but it's still pretty funny quite often, been enjoying it for the most part so far.

14 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I watched the first couple episodes of the new season when it dropped. I still enjoy it quite a bit, but my TV viewing is way too scattered at the moment. I’ll definitely get back to it at some point.

Yeah there's a lot to watch and keep up with these days - we just watched through episode 8. Episode 7 was very good. I definitely recommend getting back to it when you can. 

• 8 months later...

Bumping an old thread but my wife and I finally went back and watched Human Resources season 1 which came out earlier this year, it's the spin off show starring the monsters from Big Mouth. It's actually very good! I highly recommend it if you're a fan of Big Mouth. What's nice about this show is not only do we get more of what goes on in the Human Resources of Magical Thinking, but we get to deal with scenarios we don't get to deal with on Big Mouth, like a married woman who just gave birth or a white man child who is well meaning but too dumb to handle adult problems. It's already been renewed for a season 2 (and Big Mouth has been renewed for a season 6), and yes, kid characters from Big Mouth do show up on Human Resources.

Anyways, more people should be checking these shows out, they are really great in providing very frank and direct conversations about sex and love, etc., normalizing things that should have been normalized in human culture from the start.

• 8 months later...

Just a heads up, Big Mouth (season 6 just dropped a few months ago) will end with seasons 7 and 8. The spinoff show Human Resources will also end after its upcoming season 2. The animation studio's contract with Netflix was renewed, so this seems to be ending because the creators are ready to wrap things up. I think this makes sense as 8 seasons is a lot and the show is starting to lose a little steam so I say go out on a high note. I'm a little surprised by Human Resources ending with season 2 as that felt like it was just getting going and exploring a lot of stories the main show can't explore. 

l-intro-1682368029.jpg
WWW.SLASHFILM.COM

The news comes before the seventh season has even started streaming.

• Greatoneshere changed the title to Big Mouth Season 7 + Human Resources Final Season

I figured I'd bump this just so people are aware that Human Resources season 2 (its final season) released this past June. It was really good! Did some lighter Bojack Horseman-esque things so I'll be sad to see the show go just as it was getting going - Human Resources was able to explore a lot more sexual and romantic situations than Big Mouth can. The reason for the bump is that Big Mouth season 7, the penultimate season of the show, dropped last week. I'm three episodes in and it's actually pretty damn funny so far. The show promises that the kids will be entering high school at the end of the season right at the beginning of the first episode, so it will be interesting to see next year when the final season, season 8, drops and they cover heavier high school material (relatively speaking). I wonder if there will be a time jump to 12th grade or season 8 will go right into 9th grade. Will definitely be watching the rest of this season, a promising start so far. And I'll always be impressed that one of the most accepting, frank shows about love and sex on TV is an animated show for adults about a bunch of horny middle schoolers.