Today, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory turns 50

96ee0130-d847-11eb-afff-6530effbf080
WWW.YAHOO.COM

"Willy Wonka" child stars Peter Ostrum, Julie Dawn Cole, Michael Bollner and Paris Themmen reunite and share behind-the-scenes memories as classic film turns 50.

WillyWonkaDVDGettyImages-129596604.jpg?w
WWW.WWLP.COM

This week marks the 50th anniversary of “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,” the 1971 film adaptation of Roald Dahl’s whimsically absurd children’s book.

G36DV6WULUI6XM47AWRNO5VR6Q.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The everlasting 1971 children’s movie "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," alternatively terrifying and tender, remains beloved half a century after its release.

willy_wonka_chocolate_river_scene.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

‘That scene probably wasn’t OSHA approved’

3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The years haven’t been kind to Gene Wilder and his underplayed performance as the sadistic chocolatier in a cheap and poorly made adaptation

This last one didn't really like it much watching it back, but worth putting in!

My favorite character remains Veruca's dad. Guy was freaked the fuck out the entire time.

23deec1095a4bc543ee168678137a300.jpg

It’s a classic in my house. Although my mom is still upset with one aspect of the movie. The candy man does a big song and dance, chucking out free candy to kids who haven’t paid for the candy. That’s ok I guess, but not when Charlie is short of some money for a single chocolate bar. Plus who could ever forget when the candy store guy gave that one girl a wallop with his counter top