Thinking about getting a Switch Lite

Raggit

Haha, I appreciate the response! I ended up getting a 256 gb micro sd card, but it's barely filled. Turns out with the Switch I prefer getting physical games, as I have 0 faith in Nintendo maintaining the availability of their digital games in the distant future. 

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Raggit said:

Haha, I appreciate the response! I ended up getting a 256 gb micro sd card, but it's barely filled. Turns out with the Switch I prefer getting physical games, as I have 0 faith in Nintendo maintaining the availability of their digital games in the distant future. 

Agreed. Switch is the only console I buy physical games for. I just don't trust Nintendo, at all. Their track record for accounts and purchases is terrible. 

8 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

@Raggit

How do you like the system so far and any issues with controls like stick drift?

I hated the d-pad on the lite. Eventuality I caved and bought an OLED Switch. Honestly, I have mixed feelings about it. The oled screen is nice, but everything else about it... less so.

I've always felt the button layout on the Switch was uncomfortable and cramped,  but after using the Steam Deck, I'm hating the button layout and design of the switch. It feels like it's meant for people with small hands. My hands aren't very big at all, but I find the button layout on the Steam Deck so much better. It's designed for normal sized hands. Also I got used to having the grips on my Steam Deck and nearly dropped the Switch twice recently. 😅

But aside from that, the performance bothers me a lot. There are a lot of indie games I want to purchase to have a physical copy of, but they either have performance issues or are locked at 30 fps. I've been playing Link's Awakening, and it's honestly frustrating. Any time a different area comes into view, the performance jumps from 60-30 fps for several seconds. It can be very jarring, and looks awful. Some people aren't bothered by this, but it's really turning me off from exploring as much as I want to.

Oh, as for stuck drift, I haven't experienced any yet.

• Like 1