What games do you hope to get around to in 2021?

crispy4000

4 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

All this talk of Alundra on here of late really makes me think I should get around to it in 2021 as well.

As a disclaimer, it's seriously fucking hard. I mean, I love difficult games but damn, don't let the artstyle fool you. It's deceptively sweet and rather wholesome at first but it definitely ramps up. I'd suggest using save states and once in a while reaching for the guide. That being said, it's a fantastic game and I'm shocked it doesn't come up more often. It's like if you took 16-bit Zelda as a template and took it to its logical conclusion difficulty and 'mature content' wise or something. Very much in line with what I'd expect a PS1-era Zelda to be. 

Also a great game if you enjoy getting lost and exploring a bit without handholding which is rare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Neat.  I've heard some people swear to it as secretly the best 2D Zelda before I came to D1P.  I'll be checking it out.

I actually plan on playing A Link... after this to refresh my memory but it definitely delivers in terms of clever dungeon design and so forth which is the big one I assumed a Zelda 'clone' wouldn't be able to match. It's like if From Software decided to make a total Zelda and Landstalker 16-bit title. It's also a bit interesting because they use the 2D perspective to consciously fuck with you regularly and incorporate it into their puzzle design. I don't know exactly what its perspective would be called but you'll see what I mean. 

Unless it really shits the bed, and I'm about 25 hours in, I'm really damn surprised this one isn't remembered as some all-time great Action Adventure title. Also, the music is consistently good as hell and really memorable.