Jump to content

1st ever adults only casino in Las Vegas


Remarkableriots
 Share

Recommended Posts

Back in the day it was a de facto adults only place but then big companies took over the casinos and realized there was money to be made in Disneying up Las Vegas so they started advertising their hotels as family getaways. And I don’t know any kid that likes going to Vegas and spending their day in hot as fuck city and their only solace is their gaming device and the AC in the hotel room

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:

Back in the day it was a de facto adults only place but then big companies took over the casinos and realized there was money to be made in Disneying up Las Vegas so they started advertising their hotels as family getaways. And I don’t know any kid that likes going to Vegas and spending their day in hot as fuck city and their only solace is their gaming device and the AC in the hotel room

My first trip to Vegas was in the mid-to-early 90s when they were really were pushing the family-aspect of it. Excalibur was built, Circus Circus built the Adventuredome, and MGM Grand (where we stayed) had a theme park. So there absolutely was stuff that parents could take their kids to, and some of that still exists, but they definitely have trended away from that in recent years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ThreePi said:

My first trip to Vegas was in the mid-to-early 90s when they were really were pushing the family-aspect of it. Excalibur was built, Circus Circus built the Adventuredome, and MGM Grand (where we stayed) had a theme park. So there absolutely was stuff that parents could take their kids to, and some of that still exists, but they definitely have trended away from that in recent years.

That's when I went with my mom and had fun. Do you remember Star Trek The experience? That was so fun to go to! I was in Vegas when Mike Tysone ate off a chunk of Holyfields ear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

That's when I went with my mom and had fun. Do you remember Star Trek The experience? That was so fun to go to! I was in Vegas when Mike Tysone ate off a chunk of Holyfields ear.

That came a few years after I first went. Honestly, I don't remember much of the trip because I would have had to have been in like 3rd or 4th grade (my parents divorced in 5th grade). The only thing I distinctly remember about the trip is playing a very clunky version of Wolfenstein 3D in VR.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...