I'm finally on board with Virtual Desktops

Working from home has finally made me a believer in Virtual desktops.

Virtual Desktops have been that power user thing that I could never really get into. I know they've been around forever, though it took a while for native Windows support, but for the longest time I just couldn't find any real use for them. I've always had a lot of screen real estate, be it multiple monitors or more recently single very large ones, so virtual desktops never really seemed necessary. Perhaps I'm just not an organized enough person to put them to good use, or maybe it's just my typical workflow.

Now that I'm working from home though, I've finally gotten on board. It's nice to seperate my digital workspace from my digital home, especially when I'm constantly sharing my screen for work. It's nice to not close down all my work apps or tabs, but also not have them there cluttering my life when I don't want them. I'm just now using two desktops, and not doing anything exciting or interesting at that, but I'm finally coming around to the idea and finding it quite useful.

If you're also working from home and you're not using virtual desktops, I'd recommend giving the feature another try.

Anyone else a believer in virtual desktops? Any pro tips from long time users?