Did anyone buy the Starlink: Battle for Atlas starter set? It's $10 at Best Buy right now

Nokra

Best Buy has the starter set on sale for $10 right now, but before I buy it I had a question for anyone that already bought it. 

Reviews on Amazon are saying that if you buy the starter set you don't get as many ships and pilots as the digital version and that there's no way to earn them in game. 

Has this been fixed in a patch by now, or is this still the case? Does anyone know?

Thank you so much! :hug:

Edit - After doing some more research online it seems that maybe I misunderstood how this game works. It sounds like they're wanting you to buy all of these extra pilots, weapons, and ships, as DLC. So I suspect that there's no way to earn them in the game, since you probably can't earn them in the normal version of the game, anyway. 

I'll leave this post up in case anyone has any other thoughts, but it seems I've answered my own question. :monkey: