No Man’s Sky Beyond Gets Physical Release on PS4 Next Month

SaysWho?

I searched but only found PS4 with this option.

48587824036_2f39dbfcfc_k.jpg

It seems only fitting that we should bundle up all of these three years of updates, re-master the game and re-issue it on a shiny new disc.

We’re super excited to tell you that a physical version of No Man’s Sky: Beyond will be available to buy on North America on September 10, and in Europe on 11th September.

18 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I’ve been enjoying it a lot since the patch and since I restarted a game. The inventory updates alone are a game changer. 

I've heard some people say that it really is the game it was promised to be in 2014. It took a while, so I never took the plunge, but I've heard nothing but lauds for a while. What do you think?

16 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I've heard some people say that it really is the game it was promised to be in 2014. It took a while, so I never took the plunge, but I've heard nothing but lauds for a while. What do you think?

I think “what it was promised to be” is so nebulous that I am not sure to be honest. 

To me, this game is space Minecraft with some decent story flavoring and it’s so god damned beautiful and at times haunting. If you aren’t into Minecraft-type games, I don’t think you’ll enjoy it. 

Certain things just feel so great though. The “feel” of taking off is perfect. And then you blast out of the atmosphere and head toward another planet, it just feels so cool and good. 

The progression is properly paced to my taste. You can significantly upgrade your ship, get new ships, improve your mining gear and weapons, etc, but you’ve gotta work for it. 

And now there’s a lot of cool multiplayer stuff that I’ll pry never use. 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

I think “what it was promised to be” is so nebulous that I am not sure to be honest. 

To me, this game is space Minecraft with some decent story flavoring and it’s so god damned beautiful and at times haunting. If you aren’t into Minecraft-type games, I don’t think you’ll enjoy it. 

Certain things just feel so great though. The “feel” of taking off is perfect. And then you blast out of the atmosphere and head toward another planet, it just feels so cool and good. 

The progression is properly paced to my taste. You can significantly upgrade your ship, get new ships, improve your mining gear and weapons, etc, but you’ve gotta work for it. 

And now there’s a lot of cool multiplayer stuff that I’ll pry never use. 

I liked Minecraft a lot, actually, and played weekly with my brother years ago. I also have a VR headset, which has made it more tempting.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I liked Minecraft a lot, actually, and played weekly with my brother years ago. I also have a VR headset, which has made it more tempting.

I would love to try the VR. 

It’s more guided than Minecraft, but generally that’s the type of game it is. I’m not sure if people realize that that’s what it is.