Anybody played Shadow Warrior 2?

I'm currently playing through the first Shadow Warrior game and really enjoying it.  I'm curious how people here like the second one, since I've been reading some fairly conflicting impressions.  It seems that people either really enjoy it and think it's up there with Doom 2016 as one of the best shooters of the era, or they really dislike the loot mechanics and prefer the first game.  Any thoughts from those who've played it?

It's a quite a different game than the first in the sense that it's essentially a loot-based game with procedurally-generated levels (the VERY limited tileset used to generate those levels means that you'll get sick and tired of seeing them over and over again) that really was intended as a 4-player co-op game primarily rather than a purely single-player game like the first.

I played the hell out of it and considered it to be the second best FPS of 2016 (after DOOM, of course), but it's definitely an inferior game to the original.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's a quite a different game than the first in the sense that it's essentially a loot-based game with procedurally-generated levels (the VERY limited tileset used to generate those levels means that you'll get sick and tired of seeing them over and over again) that really was intended as a 4-player co-op game primarily rather than a purely single-player game like the first.

I played the hell out of it and considered it to be the second best FPS of 2016 (after DOOM, of course), but it's definitely an inferior game to the original.

Thanks, this is helpful.  Did you play it solo or co-op?  I would be going solo, so I won't get it if it seems too compromised as a single-player experience. 

Also, for anybody that hasn't played Shadow Warrior, it's an excellent game that's worth your time if you like FPS.