Anybody here use a portable cooler?

Remarkableriots

I definitely need a portable cooler because I'm tired of being hot while trying to sleep during the day because I work graveyard. I live in Reno, NV so we have low humidity hot summers. My studio apartment has a flood protector and I have a sideways window so a window swamp cooler is unfortunately out of the question.

Trying to find one around $100-150 but it looks like the good ones are $300+. Anyone have any advice on this? @SFLUFAN have you ever used one?

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Evaporative-Humidifier-Detachable-CS10XE/dp/B00IINNL9I/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I was looking at this but the bad reviews make me nervous.

I stay here because the only other decent apartment option in the area in my price range doesn't allow you to have your own internet or cable package. You have to use shit Wi-Fi used by the entire building. My friend lives at the apartment tower and his connection constantly drops every few seconds.

I use a Honeywell portable swamp cooler but it's an older model. It works well if humidity is under 20% but it really only cools directly in front of it within a range of about 6 feet. Swamp coolers will often get bad reviews from people in high humidity areas that buy one and then complain it didn't work very well or don't know they have to have a window open for it to work properly.

16 minutes ago, run32.dll said:

I use a Honeywell portable swamp cooler but it's an older model. It works well if humidity is under 20% but it really only cools directly in front of it within a range of about 6 feet. Swamp coolers will often get bad reviews from people in high humidity areas that buy one and then complain it didn't work very well or don't know they have to have a window open for it to work properly.

Most summer days here the humidity is below 20%.

8 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

The one I linked is a Honeywell Indoor Portable Evaporative Cooler which isn't a air conditioner. I would love to have a air conditioner in my apartment but it wouldn't fit in the window.

*an 

6 hours ago, johnny said:

In America some people use swamp coolers 

Interesting. Never heard of this concept.