Standing Desk

Anyone have any standing desk recommendations?

I'm looking to update my office and I was thinking about grabbing one. I honestly kind of like the Secret Lab one since it has a great way for doing cabling. Most standing desks seems to suck with cabling from what I can tell.

I have had the Secret Lab Magnus Pro as my WFH desk (that I am using in standing mode as I write this)

Pros:

*  Good cabling, their is a channel running along the back with room for a powerbar (and things like powerbricks for my laptop)

*  I like the magnetic top -- and use the magnetic cable anchors to keep the desk tidy

*  The memory settings give me a 1 button switch from sit to stand

Cons:

*  It's pricey

*  I think you need to get one of their desk mats at an extra cost

The only other ones I saw in person were the Ikea ones, which I didn't like.  I have no regrets.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Link200 said:

@AbsolutSurgen How deep does the channel go? I know monitor arms can be a pain to install with it and the one I have has a big knob on the bottom. I would buy their monitor arm but its max weight is only 8kg. My current monitor weighs more than that so that kind of sucks.

The channel is about 4.5" deep.

You do not have access to the channel from the bottom though, only from the top.

On 1/24/2024 at 4:38 PM, Link200 said:

Anyone have any standing desk recommendations?

I'm looking to update my office and I was thinking about grabbing one. I honestly kind of like the Secret Lab one since it has a great way for doing cabling. Most standing desks seems to suck with cabling from what I can tell.

Jarvis

I love it

I ended up getting the Secret Lab desk. Seems good so far! Very clean as far as wires are concerned.

I do find it funny how some people complained about it being very wobbly at standing height. They must be having sex on it or something because the only way to get it to move is by being much more aggressive than normal every day work.

I would say the worst part about the build was the desk mat. Getting it to line up was annoying.

I didn't look at the Jarvis since I thought it would be $3000 at a minimum. I already have a $1200 chair from Herman Miller 🤣

17 hours ago, Link200 said:

I ended up getting the Secret Lab desk. Seems good so far! Very clean as far as wires are concerned.

I do find it funny how some people complained about it being very wobbly at standing height. They must be having sex on it or something because the only way to get it to move is by being much more aggressive than normal every day work.

I would say the worst part about the build was the desk mat. Getting it to line up was annoying.

I didn't look at the Jarvis since I thought it would be $3000 at a minimum. I already have a $1200 chair from Herman Miller 🤣

It is a "little" wobbly, but it doesn't move around when I am typing/working.  If I were trying to use it as a workbench, it wouldn't be good enough for that.