Xbox doing their year in review

Spawn_of_Apathy

WWW.XBOX.COM

Log in and check yourself out. I think it captures total play time for all gaming it detects when you have accounts linked, like my time playing Steam games, but it doesn’t know how much time in each game. But it claims 886 hours played in 2023, which sounds right across PC and Xbox. 

my number 1 kind of surprised me, but my top 3 were

Forza Motorsport - 298 hours played

Destiny 2 - 204 hours played (even though I haven’t played it in like 2 months)

Remnant 2 - 134 hours. 

though my real number 3 is Starfield on Steam, with 164 hours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

@Keyser_Soze Just curious: do you play mostly one character in PSO 2? I just haven't played it much yet.

Yeah I have one character. You can change your skills (class) to anything else at any time so I don't really feel a need to have multiple characters.

I have about half of them maxed out (level 80)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah I have one character. You can change your skills (class) to anything else at any time so I don't really feel a need to have multiple characters.

I have about half of them maxed out (level 80)

That's like how Final Fantasy XIV works, but I still know people with multiple characters. I made one alt in XIV, which was Viera, called Ivana Hopalot. I'll need to play it more eventually.

7 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

@Spawn_of_Apathy Did you play Remnant 1? I was curious how the sequel compared to that one.

I did. It’s been a while and there are a bunch of similarities. Random people co-cop felt like a more natural thing in Remnant 1. Maybe I just haven’t really tried. The biggest change I’ve felt so far is in Remnant 1 it felt the difficulty scales based just on whether you were playing co-op or solo. So having 3 people was significantly easier than just you and 1 more. Remnant 2 the difficulty scales per additional person. And not just enemy health and damage. Enemies are in greater numbers and more aggressive, and you get more elite enemies. 

I feel like the game is way more fun co-op. It’s at least more forgiving. It also feels like there is more variety in layouts when you reroll an area.  Though, and this may be faulty memory, some areas feel overall smaller than Remnant 1’s main story areas. I haven’t played Remnant 1 since right around when it came out. Apparently I made the same pitch to my friend to play Remnant 2 that I did for Remnant 1. This time we finally got our other friend to join in. He abstained from Remnant 1 (like a bitch) because it was “souls like”. He has more play time in Remnant 2 than either of us now. lol There’s enough randomness and variety that keeps the game feeling interesting for much longer than Remnant 1 for me. 

I wish the game had cross play day 1. I’m now playing on PC, while my friends are on Xbox, and the game is really beautiful without FSR2 smearing everything on the screen. I dunno, I think with newly added DLSS3 to the game this is now one of the better show cases for UE5. Unlike some games where it feels like you’re just playing on a “pro” console, it looks and feels like I’m playing on a hardware at least full generation up from the Series X. Which I am, so yay. 

if you liked Remnant 1 I cannot see you not liking Remnant 2 once you get into the swing of things. If you can get at least 1 friend to jump in fresh with you it makes for a really fun experience. To me this is not a game where you want to be lead around by somebody who’s already seen most or all the game has to offer. 

• Thanks 1