Getting Windows 10 for cheap?

I'm thinking about upgrading my PC, and I won't be able to migrate my current Windows installation over.  Nor do I really want to as I will probably keep the core of this PC functional anyway.  But I don't like the idea of spending $100+ for Windows.  I've seen places where I can get Windows 10 Pro for $20, should I trust it?  Have you guys bought a key from one of these sites lately?

15 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I've seen places where I can get Windows 10 Pro for $20, should I trust it?  Have you guys bought a key from one of these sites lately?

Those keys usually work, but MS can revoke your key if they find out it isn't a "White market" key.

For more info:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3436194/grey-market-windows-licenses.html

How do the ‘sellers’ obtain these license keys in the first place?
There are quite a few different methods. Some examples:
•    Purchased from another market, who’s retail price is lower (historically purchasing in China, selling in the US was profitable. For the most part now, all foreign markets = conversion to USD)
•    Reselling volume licenses, which are not for individual resale
•    Fraudulently obtaining Education* keys at a discount, for resale 
•    Legitimate purchases, made with stolen credit cards 

What is the risk to the buyer?
•    License keys sold via these channels carry the potential to be blacklisted at any time (you may never ‘activate’, you may be active for a week/month/year or indefinitely – it’s a complete crapshoot). The risk varies depending on how the specific key was obtained in the first place – something you have no way to determine.

•    If you’re lucky, a license from any of these sites will activate when entered – and will remain activated.

•    You may activate, and run without issues for months – to be blacklisted at a later date. Requiring a further code (rinse & repeat via the grey market, or buy from an authorized distributor*). Most people would opt for the ‘security’ of an authorized code if burned once. 

•    Worst case, it will fail to activate immediately – and you have to purchase another code (rinse & repeat via the grey market, or buy from an authorized distributor*). Most people would opt for the ‘security’ of an authorized code if burned once. 

I personally have no major issue with Gray market keys, I just generally don't use them because I don't want to take the risk. When I first got Win 10 on my New PC (a legit key, from MS, came on a USB) I almost bought a Win 7 key cuz I hated 10, and I still dislike it, but I stuck with it in the end. I wanted to play Gears 4.  So, it is really up to you. If you don't mind the possible losses, or the ethical aspect, then go for it. And if chargebacking can be easily done at your bank then maybe you won't suffer any losses.