PC won’t load Windows after reboot.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:10 AM, Spork3245 said:

Called tech support again and just kept going through prompts until I could speak with someone, the guy I spoke with gave me a part number to use. He said that the part number shouldn’t matter for an RMA and explained that sometimes CPUs pressed for OEM get moved to be sold at retail instead when there are shortages (like in 2021 when I bought this).

So, I filled out the warranty claim form, referenced the case number from the previous emails in my description along with my full specs and a description of the issue, as well as a picture of the receipt and pictures of the CPU which were required. I received an obviously copy and pasted email hours later asking for a picture of the invoice/receipt, picture of the CPU, my name/address/phone, a description of the issue, my PC’s specs, which product I have, and it’s serial number… literally all the information that their form requires from you to attempt warranty services. 
I replied with new pics of the CPU + invoice, all questions/details answered, etc - asked if there is a way to expedite this process as I use my PC for work, even if I have to have a hold put on a credit card that’s released once they receive the faulty processor and also offering to pay the difference for another CPU should they be out of my current. They replied at 2am…WITH THE SAME COPY & PASTED EMAIL, literally asking for the same information I just sent them yesterday, nor did they answer or even acknowledge anything I asked in my reply.

This is literally the worst CS and RMA experience I’ve ever had. Why in the fuck is this email only and why is their warranty CS obviously over seas just copy and pasting emails? ASUS’ RMA was near instant and a simple 10-15 minute phone call, EVGA was two-three emails over a day or two, Corsair for fan failures took two days of emails on both occasions, Cooler Master for a failed RGB controller in my case was two days on Reddit, Lianli was one message to CS who told me my RGB strimmer was out of warranty but are going to send me a new RGB part anyway, PNY was a 30-45 minute phone call as they had me trouble shoot for a bit but then set up an RMA. Like holy fuck: AMD is bigger than ANY of these fucking companies and have the most shit-tastic warranty department ever. It’s like they purposely have a bad warranty experience to try to get people to just give up and but new parts.

Seriously, I might never buy an AMD product ever again after this shit.

On 12/6/2023 at 1:31 PM, Spork3245 said:

I'm not even getting passed around - they're just copy and pasting the same email (it's the same person's signature) and AMD doesn't do warranty/RMA over the phone so I can't even speak with anyone about it. When I tried asking a phone tech support guy, they said they don't even have access to the RMA system to check status or look up a service request number. :|

Like how can AMD have the worst CS ever? It's incredulous to me! 

Update: I finally got a hold of someone on the phone who was actually helpful; I told them the situation, how whoever was emailing me was just copy & pasting asking for the same information 3 times without telling me what I submitted incorrectly (if anything at all), etc. The phone CS guy told me that he cannot initiate warranty claims over the phone or even look at warranty/RMA claims, however he said he can initiate a new one via email and that he would email me. He apologized and said that I would need to provide all of the information one more time even though I already sent it 3 times as only the warranty CS rep assigned to the RMA request has access to previous claims, and told me once he received the information that he is going to send it to one of the warranty supervisors as priority. He stayed on the phone until the email he sent me went through. I rewrote all of the information for the 4th time, a couple hours later I received a follow-up email from someone working in the Miami RMA center who asked for just a couple more things and was replying to me within 30-60 minutes throughout the morning + afternoon as opposed to the 1x/day at 2-3am (if at all). After I got them all of the information, that night I received an automated email from AMD approving the RMA with a FedEx label to mail them the faulty CPU. 
I mailed out the CPU immediately the next morning, AMD received it the next day. A day later they inspected the CPU for physical damage (it passed inspection), and then began testing it to confirm that it’s faulty and reproduced the issue I was having. After 5 days they approved the replacement and shipped it out the following day with overnight delivery via FedEx. I was surprised when I received the replacement as I expected it to be an OEM CPU that basically would just be the CPU in a plastic clamshell holder, but it was in a full retail box.

TL;DR: took almost a f’n month and hours of wasted time dealing with AMD’s god-awful CS system, but got the RMA approved, AMD confirmed that the CPU was faulty and sent me a brand new one.

• Halal 1