I think my joy-cons have died…

gamer.tv

Less died, more fucking up in an annoying way.

At random, it will cut to the brightness options, then the various power saving settings, occasionally just jumping back to the Home Screen…just in general not working properly. I’m blaming the right one at the moment but I have no idea what the root cause is.

I’ll send it in for repair on pay day and in the interim, after a bit of reading around, picked up the Hori Split Pad Compact which has reviewed incredibly well…so if anyone cares, I’ll write some thoughts after they arrive. 

I’m on my third pair. First one (grey) had drift which Nintendo fixed for free but the shoulder buttons got really crunchy. The joy cons on the OLED (white) had a really crunchy joystick that drove me nuts. I was going to replace them, but they ended up exploding after a minor fall. I picked up the blue and red a couple of months back. 

Outside the Blue and Red, all the joy con colors currently out are fucking ugly. 

The Hori Compact arrived. I haven’t played anything yet but first impressions are: buttons are better overall, the plastic feels cheap, the analogue sticks are so much better than the joy cons. 

I’ll try out some Persona later and see how they hold up.