The Bard’s Tale IV Launches September 18

Brian

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@Mr.Vic20

Two patches, today and Sept 28th, have been confirmed by InXile to hopefully fix performance and bug issues. It is just unplayable for me in its current state which is a shame because I like the combat system so far.

Oh really? Dumb luck on my part then because its humming along for me and is smooth as can be! Did they site specific fixes for these patches? I too am enjoying the combat system, though I'm not thrilled about the save stones XP vs Save point choice! 

45 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh really? Dumb luck on my part then because its humming along for me and is smooth as can be! Did they site specific fixes for these patches? I too am enjoying the combat system, though I'm not thrilled about the save stones XP vs Save point choice! 

It helps when you are in the 1% for PC hardware :p

As to Bard’s Tale 4‘s operating issues, inXile will be addressing those issues by releasing a series of patches. The first, which is coming in a few days on September 21, is mostly a quick fix to improve loading times, patch widescreen support, optimize the game’s frame rate, add better hardware auto-detection, and solve several smaller bugs. It’ll also add an FOV slider, and let players delete saved games (which they aren’t able to do right now).

Number two on the list of patches is scheduled to follow on September 28, with even more performance improvements for the items of the first patch. It will also come with weapon and ability rebalancing, grammar and localization fixes, and map markers to indicate where save points are located.

The third patch doesn’t have a projected arrival date yet, but it will include controller support, inventory sorting, and the ability to speed up combat animations. inXile also plans to add a Legacy mode, a “hardcore mode with grid move, option to turn off mini-map, the A-Team, perma-death, and auto-resurrect.”

That's a pretty solid list of improvements! Hmmm, I'll bet I can run this on my GPD win 2 after they patch the performance a bit more! Its seems like it will be a "Small/local" story game, which is good considering the budget of the title. The combat system is fairly enjoyable and the world, though inconsistently modeled looks great, especially given the size of the team and the limit of the resources. 

I was a backer and put a bunch of time into this over the weekend. It's got some technical issues, but overall I'm enjoying it a lot.

The combat isn't hard (although maybe that's because I'm used to this kind of game?). The only battles I've lost are ones listed as "impossible," but which I tried anyway :p Despite the easiness though, it remains engaging and enjoyable.

I'm having a hard time gauging how long it is. I've already reached tier 3 skills, but I feel like I'm not far in the game. I only just did the first main boss and left the main area.