The Last of Us Factions concept art, details

SaysWho?

14caa8274fc227ae72a0ba394462db2f811e61e6
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

The latest on the upcoming online experience, The Last of Us on HBO, and The Last of Us Part I.

It's no secret that many of you are not only drawn to The Last of Us' stories but also the game's original Factions multiplayer. Since The Last of Us Factions' release almost a decade ago, dedicated players have been vocal about an expansion upon that offering.

However, we can finally announce that we're creating something much larger than a mode. We're thrilled to share a piece of concept art from our upcoming multiplayer experience, which is an extremely ambitious undertaking. We're growing our studio significantly to ensure we build this full-scale, standalone game, with its massive scope and immense world, in a way that fans have come to expect from The Last of Us and Naughty Dog.

We aim to make our newest entry into multiplayer inviting to new players while still a thrilling challenge for more of our seasoned fans. There will be more news to come next year, and we cannot wait to introduce you to the team behind this new experience!

cb80540cad0a500d9c223d0aeb5769827bdcbd72

I was disappointed that Part II didn't have a multiplayer mode when the one in the first game was so good, much to my surprise, but it seemed to pay off with a much bigger and more ambitious story. Now we're getting a multiplayer more that is also much bigger and more ambitious, and I'm all for it. Can't wait to see it and learn more details. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a live service and free to play game, but I'd also happily pay a premium price for it if it isn't free. 

• True 1