Air France jet nearly crashes in Paris after pilots lose control of Boeing 777 jet

maxresdefault.jpg
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Listen to pilots' cockpit recording as safety investigation launched into Boeing 777 'serious incident'

On a cockpit recording pilots can be heard battling with the aircraft's controls while emergency alarms sound.

Alerting air traffic controllers to the crisis, one says "wait! stop stop!" before adding: "I'll call you back! I'll call you back!"

He later adds: "The airplane is pretty much going nuts."

Scary stuff, glad they made it down safely.

Ah yes. My pet peeve when flying internationally. Flying in an ICAO country and people not using the standard language (English) thus reducing situational awareness for anyone that doesn't speak the local language.

As an example when that 777 does a early go-around I would like to know since that means I will be more likely to be flying through their wake turbulence as a result. Huge safety issue. Especially for small aircraft.

That said, I haven't flown a 777 but I do recognize the autopilot disconnect sound. The other sounds like a master caution. 

No idea what happened but it probably sounds worse than it actually was.

• Thanks 1