Snow Bros. Special - releasing 2022

GameDadGrant

snow-bros-special-4-1-656x369.jpg

The classic arcade game Snow Bros. is on the way to Switch and will hit the system as Snow Bros. Special, it’s been announced.

Toaplan was behind the title originally, which released in 1990. For the Switch edition, Snow Bros. Special “has inherited the cute design and the feeling from the original arcade version but has been upgraded to make it even more fun.”

It’s been confirmed that a new element is the “Monster Challenge” mode in which you play as the monsters. Each monster has its own special moves and controls which will change how you play the game. Those that pick up Snow Bros. Special physically will automatically receive Monster Challenge while it’ll be separate DLC for the digital version. 

Clear River Games will be handling the physical version in North America and is publishing throughout Europe. Daewon Game Media Lab will be in charge of the digital version in North America. The physical version will include an instruction manual and three sticker sheets.

Snow Bros. Special launches on Switch later in 2022.

thumbs_snow_bros_special_2.jpg thumbs_snow_bros_special_3.jpg 

SOURCE

I'm kinda geeked for this. I put way too many quarters into the arcade machine back in the day playing this game as a kid. The only other version I've played is the Game Boy version, but I have a feeling this version will be...better. :p 

Anyone else a Snow Bros. fan?