November 2021 US NPD THREAD - Switch the King of the Chip Shortage and CoD #1

Brian

I think Xbox and Ps5 would be the top seller easily if you could get them. Sadly though this isn't the case. I have many friends and friends of friends that can't get either console. I just managed to get one paying 832 bucks through best buy whatever pass thingy. These numbers are hard to justify when people can't get the console of choice. I highly doubt the switch would be #1 if there was zero shortage of anything tech. What do I know though. I have a switch and not interested in the Oled, and most people I know that want one have one. I crave norm so badly though god what a fucking 4 years we have had. Not just the pandemic for us, just a shit ton of grief period and I just need it to end, we all do though. Maybe be 2022 holiday season we can all buy what we want and not have demand fuel these ungodly situations, but never know this just might be the new norm..... 

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

I think Xbox and Ps5 would be the top seller easily if you could get them. Sadly though this isn't the case. I have many friends and friends of friends that can't get either console. I just managed to get one paying 832 bucks through best buy whatever pass thingy. These numbers are hard to justify when people can't get the console of choice. I highly doubt the switch would be #1 if there was zero shortage of anything tech. What do I know though. I have a switch and not interested in the Oled, and most people I know that want one have one. I crave norm so badly though god what a fucking 4 years we have had. Not just the pandemic for us, just a shit ton of grief period and I just need it to end, we all do though. Maybe be 2022 holiday season we can all buy what we want and not have demand fuel these ungodly situations, but never know this just might be the new norm..... 

I think another part of this is I believe it's much easier to manufacture chips for the Switch vs. the PS5/SeriesXS due to being able to get more chips per one silicon wafer (someone please correct me if this is false)