God of War pushed to 2022, will be cross gen along with GT7. HZD on target for 2021 but may still slip

Brian

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

People expected that the first party games to take advantage of the "full potential" of the console -- they're disappointed that it appears they won't.  Why is that so hard to understand? I haven't booted my PS4 in over 2 years.

So why do you care what's cross-gen and what's not when you didn't even play new current gen releases from 2020? :lol: If games like Returnal or Ratchet or even the Astro pack-in don't interest you in general, then something being or not being cross-gen won't make a difference.

And who's "people" besides the Reset users we're making fun of for doomsday hyperbole? Brah, you brought up Cerny's video as if he lied about what the technology made possible, like he controls what people create and what systems they target. Now it seems like you're shifting to, "People expected PS5-only games that would unlock the full potential of the system by year 1." And that doesn't get into the conversation up there with Shreddie and GreatOne about game design evolution. As we saw last gen, PS4-only titles like Knack, Killzone, and inFAMOUS didn't rewrite the script; being exclusive doesn't guarantee anything. 

Last summer, if you heard stuff like Miles Morales and Horizon were cross-gen and you still bought the system and are disappointed that stuff is cross-gen, that's on you. In the meantime, I'll enjoy dying in Returnal and coming back a second later or opening up Miles' open-world in a sec and swinging around or the fact that just about everything is 60fps, including trilogies like ME that are only running 30fps on last-gen consoles.

• Thanks 1